Half day visit to winery in Heraklion Area
VINES AND WINE IN CRETE
Crete hosts one of the largest vineyards in Greece, in terms of both size and production. The Cretan vineyard has the longest history and continuous presence in Europe, if not in the entire world. Archaeological findings and historical sources have proven that the Cretan vineyard has never ceased to produce wine from the Minoan times to the present day.
You will meet at the hotel and board to your air conditions transportation ready to commence your leisurely half day tour.
Have a taste o the delicious Cretan wine produced in one of the most famous villages just outside Iraklion. You’ll be amazed while a local expert explains you everything about the process of the wine, from the harvest to the bottling, which tradition is deeply rooted in the history of this area.
Guests will have the unique opportunity to visit the local vineyards (that depends of the season of the visit!) The tour continues in the production areas of the winery, where the guest will taste the various wines together with amazing Cretan food while enjoying the view.
- Firstly, we will begin with winery’s production facilities, where there we can see how wine is produced.
- Later we will go to see a cultivated vineyard, where there we can see, a variety of Malvasia Aromatica.
- Follows the projection of a video produced by Wines of Crete about Cretan vineyards and their wineries. The projection is held in one of the two wine-tasting halls with a capacity of 30 or 50 participants in the following languages: Greek, English, French, German, Russian or Chinese.
- During of the video we are going to taste 2 different kind of wine (dry red) and (dry white), Vidiano (white), -Syrah. Also, we will taste Meligyris Honey (a mixture of pine and thyme honey with sage honey), Extra Virgin Olive Oil of 2015 harvest accompanied with Cretan Rusks, Cretan Anthotiro (soft white cheese) and organic sea salt.
- A/C transportation
- Tour Escort
- Wine tasting & tapas
- Meals , extras , personal expenses , tips
Wine tours can only be pre-reserved please use either our contact form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special prices for groups